Board of Directors
The DOVE Board of Directors is a group of community volunteers dedicated to contributing their time, expertise, and network of knowledge and resources to grow the organization. Our bylaws require that the Board is composed of at least 51% Deaf, DeafBlind, DeafDisabled, or Hard of Hearing members.
- Oversight of DOVE financials to ensure fiscal stability
- Oversight of DOVE’s Executive Director
- Review and evaluate Executive Director on an annual basis
- Plan and host all fundraising efforts
- Host monthly meetings to conduct board-related business (rotate between in-person and online meetings)
- Establish and maintain committees including but not limited to; Executive Committee, Governance Committee, Finance Committee, & Fundraising Committee
- Abide by DOVE Bylaws
- Abide by DOVE Financial Policies
We welcome new members to the Board who are:
- committed to the mission and vision of DOVE
- have an understanding of social issues that impact multiply-marginalized victims/survivors of abuse
- believe they have specific skills and/or passion to offer the organization
If you’re interested in joining DOVE’s Board of Directors, the first step is to fill out our application form:
You may also reach out to us to chat and learn more before submitting an application!