Technical Assistance Program
DOVE provides free training for victim service providers, law enforcement officers, school and youth program staff, attorneys, and medical professionals.
Our training is customizable per your request. Typical topics covered include:
- DOVE services
- Deaf culture
- Hard of hearing experiences
- Interaction & communication tips
- How abuse is different within the Deaf community
- Ensure your agency is accessible
- Auxiliary aids and services, e.g. sign language interpreters.
Training for school and youth program staff will differ, and possible topics include:
- How to talk to Deaf or hard of hearing youth about relationship abuse
- Mandated reporting
- General information on the prevalence and types of relationship abuse that exist among today’s youth
In some cases, we partner with agencies like Colorado Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing and Rocky Mountain ADA Center if your agency wants more in-depth information about the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) as well as auxiliary aids and services. Joint trainings are also free of charge.